学院以重大产业发展为目标开展交叉学科的协同创新，牵头组建了国家级“电动汽车动力电池与材料国际联合研究中心”，承担国家首批 “材料基因组工程关键技术与支撑平台重点专项” 重点研发计划（基于材料基因组技术的全固态锂电池及关键材料研发） 和国家新能源汽车（动力电池）重大创新工程等国家重点项目，并获得广东省引进创新创业团队专项支持。学院还先后获评深圳市重点实验室、深圳市工程实验室、广东省重点实验室，获得多项国家和地方基础及应用专项支持。
Faculty positions at School of Advanced Materials
School of Advanced Materials
The School of Advanced Materials (SAM) is committed to the research of the advanced materials genome technology and clean energy systems. The key areas include clean energy collection (thermoelectric and solar cells), energy storage (power batteries), application (new energy vehicles, new organic photoelectric displays and lighting) and the calculation, synthesis and detection of high flux materials etc. to develop the key research of advanced materials genome technology, and further to provide the technical support for the development of new energy materials industry.
SAM considers industrialization as a development goal to carry on the collaborative innovation in the interdisciplinary research. On Oct. 2015, the National Center of Electric Vehicle Power Battery and Materials for International Research was founded at SAM by the Ministry of Science and Technology of China. In 2016, we won the first batch of the key project grant for the national Materials Genome Initiative (MGI) program of China: The MGI technique and its application in the research of solid-state batteries. We are also responsible for the national key innovation engineering project of new energy vehicle (power battery), and being especially supported by the innovative entrepreneurial team in Guangdong province. We have been awarded with the titles, the key laboratory of Shenzhen and the engineering laboratory of Shenzhen, and have obtained special national and local support for the foundation and application of our research.
Tenure-track Associate Professor
The school seeks to appoint an associate professor to be responsible for the development and planning of the research direction for Advanced Intelligent Equipment and High-throughput Materials Preparation, and assist the academic leaders to do the related research and teaching work, including 1) completing the required teaching task of the graduate courses; 2) Supervise graduate students to carry out the development of the MGI advanced intelligent equipment based on plasma technologies, and developments of the National and industrial key materials by the equipment; 3)applying for the major key scientific research projects and preparing high impact academic monographs and papers.
1. Applicants should have a Ph. D degree in material science (material science and technology, material physics and chemistry, and materials processing engineering) from domestic or foreign top universities, under the age of 35.
2. Applicants should have interdisciplinary background of mechanics, physics, materials and electrics, etc., and possess outstanding experience and research ability in advanced intelligent equipment development, plasma physics research, thin films/coatings preparation and industrial applications.
3. Applicants must have excellent research ability, postdoctoral experience, and internationally recognized academic achievements.
4. Applicants should publish academic research with original great innovation in top journals as first-author or correspondence author (including co-first or correspondence authors).
5. Domestic applicants should have the title of associate professor in universities or academic institutes and lead a research direction and guide graduate students to do research for more than 5 years. Applicants should have the ability to independently engage in scientific research and teaching work, and be able to supervise master and doctoral students engaged in scientific research.
6. Applicants should able to lead the team to actively cooperate and collaborative innovation in the MGI program. Work proactive, good at communication, hard working.
Salary and Welfare
A competitive salary package can be negotiated for the right candidate.
Interested applicants should submit the following materials to email@example.com
1. Summary of research;
2. Curriculum Vitae (with a complete list of publications);
3. At least three reference letters and contact information of the referees;
4. Statement of research plan;
5. Materials to prove the teaching ability (or the teaching ability will be assessed through academic report after CV screening).
To learn more about the School of Advanced Materials, visit the official website: http://sam.pkusz.edu.cn/